In this Prevagen Review we will explain to you what is Prevagen, how does it work, what are its ingredients, side effects, show you real customers reviews, give you prices & recommend best alternative.
Aging – it’s an inevitable process that we cannot escape. Some accept it more gracefully than others, but not a lot of people are looking forward to it.
This process also brings some issues with it, such as memory problems. Not being able to remember important things in your life is a terrifying thing, but thanks to science, we can do something about it.
Supplements like Prevagen can help deal with memory problems. In this review, we are going to explain to you what it is, how it works, what its ingredients are, what customers say about it, where to buy it and how much it costs.
What Is Prevagen?
To put it simply, Prevagen is a dietary supplement. It comes in a form of capsules or chewable tablets, and what it does is it helps with mild memory problems that are associated with aging. It’s an over-the-counter product, so you can easily obtain it in stores and pharmacies.
Prevagen comes in two versions – Prevagen Regular and Prevagen Extra Strength. Both are taken in the same way, so it will ultimately depend on your preference which exact product you’re going to buy.
One of the most important things in every supplement is the ingredient list. Let’s take a look at what exactly Prevagen contains:
- Apoaequorin – This is the active ingredient of Prevagen. It’s a protein isolated from a jellyfish, namely Aequorea victoria, and it helps improve the ability to recall information.
- Calcium – Apoaequorin itself contains calcium. This ingredients enhances calcium homeostasis, which is beneficial for combating dementia and cognitive dysfunction.
- Sodium Chloride – This is simply salt. What it does is it maintains the sodium-potassium balance in your body, so that you would be in optimal shape.
- Magnesium Stearate – This ingredient is important for cell membrane health.
- Disodium EDTA – an absorption agent and preservative which can be found in food, but also in beauty products.
- Acetic Acid – this ingredient helps increase responsiveness to sensory stimuli, which is important for being focused.
- White rice flour – fine flour made from ground rice. Rice flour is actually gluten free, so it’s even good for those with allergies.
How Does Prevagen Work?
Either in its capsule or chewable tablet form, you won’t have problems digesting Prevagen. The recommended dose is one capsule a day, and after you’ve digested it, the effect begins.
Namely, the apoaequorin releases protein and calcium, which altogether improves sleep quality and memory functions.
This product works particularly well for improving short-term memory, which is a common problem in the aging process.
Prevagen Side Effects
Quincy Bioscience, the company behind Prevagen, claims that there are no side effects when using this product. However, it’s still possible to experience some, either due to one’s specific health condition, or simply due to the incorrect usage of this supplement. Namely, the reported side effects are the following:
In addition to this, there were also cases of anxiety, difficulty with sleeping, and memory problems. However, these were less common. As with every supplement, if you’re not sure if this product is right for you, you need to consult your doctor.
It’s important to notice that the side effects are not readily available by the manufacturer, so this is a reason to be cautious when trying out this product.
By taking this product, you can expect the improvement of certain aspects of cognitive function. Furthermore, Prevagen is beneficial for short-term memory, and it can also improve sleep quality.
You’ll be happy to know that these effects have been proven in various studies where the participants reported concrete improvement in their overall health.
Also, we should mention that it takes 90 days of use to fully feel the effects of Prevagen.
Is Prevagen A Scam?
So far, Prevagen sounds good, but you might be questioning the effectiveness of it all. Maybe you think it’s one of those scams intended to lure gullible people into buying a product that falsely advertises itself.
Well, you’ll be happy to know that Prevagen actually does what it claims, from improving short term memory, to improving sleep quality and other things. Of course, results may vary from person to person.
If you have any allergies or history of bad reaction with supplements, you should consult your doctor. They will tell you if Prevagen is the right product for you and what possible side effects you may experience.
If you’re still not quite sure about Prevagen, you can easily find out if it’s the right thing for you by simply reading reviews about it. For starters, we should say that the majority of the testimonials are positive, which is a good thing, of course.
For instance, one of the customers said that her ability to recall things quickly had improved noticeably.
I have been taking this supplement for about 5 months now and I have really noticed a difference in a couple of areas.
1) My ability to recall things quickly has improved noticeably. I noticed some definite improvement after the first month of taking Prevagen. However, after the second and third months I was aware that these lapses in memory are much fewer and farther between.
2) I sleep better. I wasn’t having any huge sleeplessness issues, but I have noticed that I wake up feeling like I got a really great night’s sleep and I require less sleep. I don’t feel that need to nap in the afternoon that had begun to plague me daily.
When it comes to Prevagen Extra Strength, one Prevagen feedback notes that this is the first brain supplement that actually works.
This is the first brain supplement that I have taken that works! I actually noticed a change in my ability to recall and access thoughts. I used the Regular Strength for the first 2 months, and then graduated to the Extra Strength. No bad side effect either.
And of course, there are negative reviews, which address different things. For example, one of the negative reviews talks about the side effects. Namely, the side effects after stopping taking the product.
I took this product for 2 months and it really helped my memory recall and curved my forgetfulness. It was wonderful and I loved it! After the 2 months I was out of product for about a week and the side effects were awful! I could not stay focused, 3 times as bad as before I took it.
Prevagen Pros And Cons
Using Prevagen can have great benefits for your mental health, however, not everyone will have the same experience, so it’s worth thinking about positives and negatives with this product. Let’s start with the positives.
- Helps with memory problems.
- Improves sleep quality.
- Helps with improving focus.
On the other hand, there are some negatives which may or may not affect you, such as the side effects. Nevertheless, they’re worth considering.
- Can cause dizziness, nausea and headaches.
- In more serious cases, it can cause anxiety issues.
- Can be a bit pricey.
- Not FDA approved
- There is no scientific proof for the claims made by Quincy Bioscience
Apoaequorin has been researched extensively, however, in some cases, there isn’t enough reliable information. Namely, its safety for pregnant and breastfeeding women has not been researched enough, so you should not take the product if you’re in that situation.
How Much Does Prevagen Cost?
When it comes to pricing, Prevagen is not one of cheaper supplements on the market.
- Prevagen Regular Strength (30 capsules): $40
- Prevagen Regular Strength (60 capsules): $75
- Prevagen Extra Strength (30 capsules): $60
- Prevagen Regular Strength Mixed Berry Chewables (30 tablets): $40
- Prevagen Extra Strength Mixed Berry Chewables (30 tablets): $60
Where You Can Buy Prevagen?
You can find Prevagen in many retailers such as Target, Kroger, HEB, and many others. This of course, includes pharmacies, such as CVS and Alpha XR.
If you’re thinking about where to buy Prevagen online, you can do that through sites such as Amazon, as well as specialized websites that sell dietary supplements.
One important thing to know is that Prevagen is no longer available through the Prevagen website, so you’ll have to look elsewhere to get the version you want.
Prevagen Review: Final Verdict
Now that we have seen what Prevagen is and what it has to offer, you might be wondering if it’s worth purchasing.
First, we should say that this product works and it can really help with keeping healthy brain function. It can also help with focus and the sleep quality. Since it contains natural ingredients, it’s safe for consumption, as long as you stick to the recommended dosage.
With all this in mind, it should still be said that side effects are possible, so be sure to study the product well before deciding to purchase, especially considering the price.
So, what do you think about our Prevagen review? Would you buy this product or not? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!